The official Twitter app for Android can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. Once you have installed the application, open it up to sign in with your Twitter account.
How to use Twitter on Android
Twitter for Android is a mobile phone application that can be used to follow real-time updates from people you are interested in, send direct messages or tweets and discover what’s happening in the world right now.
It’s possible to upload photos, create polls and search for hashtags, too – all of these directly from your mobile phone. How does it work? Once you start tweeting, everything that is written by selecting the account in option in the menu will be tweeted instantly.
It is also possible to attach images or videos in order to make them more attractive when shared with others.
Once you are signed into your account, you will see all of your timeline posts displayed on the screen. These posts include both tweets that were made by yourself or by others that you are following. Scrolling down will display the next posts in your timeline while going up will show you older tweets.
The navigation bar at the top of the screen has a few buttons. The first button opens your main menu, which can be used to view profile details, user profiles, and other Twitter features. The second button shows a list of tweets that are trending in the global conversation.
The third button shows a list of tweets that are trending in your area. There is also an option to search within Twitter if you aren’t interested in tweeting or viewing timelines.
At the top-right corner of the screen, there are three buttons that can be used to open up profiles, lists, and settings for your account. You can view different types of content on Twitter by clicking on any of these profile categories.
For example, clicking on “Lists” opens up lists that have been created by yourself or other users who have similar interests. Clicking on “Settings” allows you to adjust privacy settings, edit your bio information and change other account details.
The bottom portion of the app’s interface displays posts on Twitter. To post a tweet, simply tap the “Tweet” button, enter your message and select any other options if available.
Once you have sent out a tweet, it will appear in your main timeline for others to see. Other users can then choose to retweet that post or reply to it with their own thoughts. If you are interested in viewing all of the responses on Twitter related to your latest update, click the “@” button, which is located beside each tweet.
Another important feature on Twitter is finding interesting accounts or tweets within the global conversation on Twitter. To view some of these posts, click the “Trends” option at the top-right corner of the app’s interface. From here, you can choose to limit the trending topics to different geographical locations.
At the bottom of this menu, you will find a search bar that can be used to find specific posts related to your interests. Twitter also gives you the ability to filter content by entering keywords into this search box. This makes it easier to view tweets that are relevant to what you are interested in seeing.
The official Twitter app provides Android users with all of the tools needed for finding and replying to new posts on social media quickly and conveniently. Because there are numerous ways to sort through tweets or accounts, it is possible to really engage with other users on Twitter, no matter their backgrounds. However, if these features aren’t enough for your needs, there are third-party alternatives.
How to Change a Twitter Username?
Twitter users will need to change their username if they want a different name associated with their account. Users are able to change their usernames on Twitter once per account, ever. Once the new desired username is selected, the old name is no longer available for others to use or take. How to change a Twitter username:
- 1. Go to the Twitter account settings page from your mobile device using the Twitter app for Android or from a web browser on an Android tablet.
- 2. Enter the password that is associated with the account into the appropriate fields if prompted by Twitter.
- 3. Tap or click on “Name.”
- 4. In this section, you will see a field where you can enter a new username for your Twitter account. The old username will not be available as an option when entering a name here because it is no longer available once another user has taken it after a username change request was submitted by someone else in the past.
- 5. Type in your desired username and then press “Enter” on your keyboard or “Save” on your mobile device to finalize the process of changing a Twitter username.
How to Disable Read Receipts (Blue Tick) on Twitter?
Normally, when you send a message, the person will receive it instantly and see that you want them to read it. This is all well and good, but what if you don’t want people knowing that you’ve asked them to read something?
How can they tell this? Well, there is one tiny blue checkbox next to each of your sent messages which normally indicates the other person has seen your message. However, with ‘Disable Read Receipts’, they will not know when you have asked them to read it, even though the little blue tickmark no longer appears next to their name. How can you disable read receipts on Twitter?
- 1. Visit the Twitter website from your web browser, either on a computer or mobile device.
- 2. Sign in to your Twitter account if asked to do so after visiting the website.
- 3. Browse through the menu options available in your Twitter inbox until you find a heading named “Message requests.” This heading will list both sent and received messages which are awaiting a reply from another person who has been messaged using the social networking site.
- 4. Click on “Details” next to any of these waitlisted message requests that need to be handled in order for you to continue using your Twitter account without worrying about letting others know when it is suitable for them to read your messages.
- 5. Clear the box labeled “Send read receipts to Anyone” and then press the “Close” button at the top of this window in order to finalize your changes and disable read receipts on Twitter.
How do I backup my Twitter account?
- 1. Sign in to your Twitter account from any web browser on any computer or mobile device.
- 2. Click on your user icon in the top-right corner of the screen, which will show you some options regarding how you can interact with your Twitter profile as well as edit things such as personal information such as email, phone number, and birthday information.
- 3. Click on “Settings.” This is where we can change some important settings associated with your account.
- 4. Click on “Account.” This option is near the top of the list and will expand to include a number of important options you can change about your Twitter profile, including how often it is updated with new content and more.
- 5. Scroll down to find the section labeled “Data & export” and click on this heading to expand it so that you have access to all of your data imported from Twitter for safekeeping or future reference in case anything were to happen to your account, such as it being hacked into by someone unknown or just simply deleted for some reason.
- 6. Click on the “Download your data” link and wait for a few seconds until you see a popup appear with links to all of the information which has been exported from your Twitter profile, such as direct messages you’ve sent out on the site and more.
- 7. Select the link next to the export option labeled “Your Tweets,” which will include every tweet (message) shared through your Twitter profile since it was created, such as text posts, images, videos, links, and more. These are mostly by date because they are listed in reverse chronological order.
How to Delete Twitter Account (deleting a Twitter account)
- 1. Sign in to your Twitter account using any web browser on any device.
- 2. Click on the “Me” button in the top-right corner of Twitter’s official website, which is used to edit your profile information and update it with new content if necessary. You can also access various other options, including how often you would like your updates to go out each time as well as default language settings for the site, among other things, through this menu option once you’re inside your Twitter profile page.
- 3. Click on the “Settings” option located in the navigation menu, which runs across the top of this page, and click on “Deactivate my account.”
- 4. Scroll down and enter your password to confirm you wish to deactivate your Twitter account, and then click on “Deactivate account.”
Your Twitter profile will now be deactivated as requested but keep in mind that it could take several hours before all traces of you are removed from Twitter, such as existing mentions (post with your name or username associated) or any accounts/pages you’ve retweeted, etc., so don’t worry if there’s no immediate change after submitting your request.
How to Save Videos From Twitter?
You can save the videos you watch on Twitter to your phone.
- 1. Open the video in full-screen mode by tapping on it. Tap on the icon at the bottom right-hand corner of the video player.
- 2. Select Save from the menu options. The video will be saved to your device’s photo gallery under the Saved Photos or Videos folder, depending on how many pictures and videos are already saved there. You can access all saved Twitter videos via that same icon found at the bottom right-hand corner of any Twitter page.